Has Spring Sprung?
(i.e., are we there yet?)
Learn more about The Baltimore
See the new video simulation showing the proposed route and new technology (i.e. no overhead wires).
Subscribe to receive Streetcar updates, volunteer, donate or learn about the benefits of a Streetcar in Baltimore & Charles Village that include:
Scroll all the way down to view the 3:47 video simulation by clicking on Streetcar visual where its says "vimeo".
- Make Baltimore a national model for innovative, environmentally friendly neighborhood development
- Encourage private investment and economic development in the heart of Baltimore
- Expand the range of tourism, allowing more businesses and areas (like Charles Village) to benefit from the 11 million visitors to the Inner Harbor annually.
- Enhance the visibility of Baltimore's educational, arts, and cultural institutions (think JHU & BMA).
- Showcase the city's architectural gems and history (Charles Village, Old Goucher, Abell . . . )
Heard about the Great Schools in Charles Village Program? MORE >>
Charles Village is a vibrant, diverse, walkable neighbor-hood with lots of amenities for all differnt kinds of people, from young familys to older couples. From public schools and open spaces to easily accessible
shopping districts and cultural institutions, the neighborhood value is strong and gaining. If you are interested in becoming part of our community, we want to make sure you know there are great resources for home buyers in the area. Find out more here
Check out Second Wednesdays
at the Village Learning Place:
a free monthly cultural series of talks, presentations, and concerts
Send in Your Comments or Questions
About the design of this website:
Our banner shows the distinctive Victorian roofscape of Saint Paul Street. The green canopy of the main page suggests the comfort of our lovely tree-lined streets. The blue-sky motif signals our hope for the best and brightest future in this great community.
Welcome to one of America's Great neighborhoods
We are proud to live in this diverse, vibrant community, where so many interesting people are doing so many good things. We encourage you to join us in helping make Charles Village even better. Click
this link to read what the American Planning Association has to say
about our neighborhood:
"Charles Village Named
America's Great Neighborhoods"